Lossiemouth Harbour Barometer.
The original Lossiemouth Harbour barometer is now housed and can be seen in the new Harbour Office in Shore Street, Lossiemouth and the box for the original siting of the barometer is still to be seen between the old harbour office and the Fisheries Museum at Pitgaveny Quay (East Basin).
The barometer was presented to the Lossiemouth Harbour Company by Lloyds of London in 1861. (Information and photograph courtesy of George Reid, Chairman, Elgin & Lossiemouth Harbour Co.).
Fitzroy's report of 1863 reads "Of great use, and generally understood. Has occasionally misled, but no gale of importance has occurred without warning" (George Shand, Harbour Master 21st Feb 1863).