buckpool 2009

 

Buckpool Harbour was built in 1855 to 1857 as ''Nether Buckie'' by local laird, Sir Robert Gordon of Cluny, however its name was changed to Buckpool in 1886.  

The harbour tended to silt-up, and the fishermen moved to the new Cluny Harbour built at Buckie.  

In the 1970''s the harbour was almost completely filled-in and re-used as a play-park.  

The Speyside   Way walking route starts from here.

© Content 2012-14 Banffshire Maritime.
Created by SilverBack