cullen2006

Cullen is famous for a local soup made with smoked fish, potato, and onion, affectionately named ‘Cullen Skink’ which is enjoyed regularly by the locals, and is a must for every visitor.

Skink in Gaelic means essence.  

Cullen Harbour was greatly developed around 1817 to 1819 with the help of civil engineer Thomas Telford who built the piers.  

The seatown of Cullen was built around the new harbour from 1820, and prospered during the herring boom.

© Content 2012-14 Banffshire Maritime.
Created by SilverBack