whitehills1890

In 1895 the Whitehills harbour trustees were established by an act of parliament, and Whitehills harbour as seen today was built in 1900.  

From this date the village of Whitehills was predominately a fishing port and even had its own lifeboat station from 1922 to 1969.  

In 2001 the harbour was converted to a marina which is very popular and it is usually packed with yachts.  

The lifeboat station was converted to a house in 2008.

whitehills at the lines

 

© Content 2012-14 Banffshire Maritime.
Created by SilverBack